Truss Helper Day Shift (Ba)
Location: Balzac, Alberta
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
Position: truss Helper Days
Reports To: Production Supervisor
This position will assist the truss builder and is responsible for the timely and accurate assembly of finished trusses as well as participating in routine truss shop maintenance and involvement in the ZyTech’s Health/Safety programs.
- Truss orders will be built as per standard operating procedures or as dictated by the Production Manager
• Precut lumber should be inspected and/or measured for proper length and possible damage or other irregularities associated with quality control and standard operating procedures
• Upon completing a truss order, the Truss Helper will assist with any subsequent orders or report to the Production Manager for further instructions
• Thorough and complete organization of tools, materials, workstation and cleaning and/or disposal of waste is required at all times
• Regular inspection and maintenance as required for tools and machinery; any problems or irregularities to be reported immediately to the Production Manager
• All other duties as assigned by Production Manager
• Routine lifting, repetitive hammering motions and getting up and down off the jigs is required and as such safe work practices should be adhered to
Requirements & Qualifications
Use and maintain various hand tools
Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs throughout the day
Basic math skills and the ability to use an imperial tape measure is required
Steel-toed work boots and appropriate clothing to work outside are required. PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided.
The ability to read and write in English.
This position is based in Balzac, Alberta
Employment status: Full-time permanent
Salary: competitive wages/salary
This position offers a standard benefits package with BlueCross, including but not limited to extended health and dental coverage and life insurance.
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the ZyTech building systems employee who referred you to this role
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×