Lumber Picker- Evening Shift (AI)
Location: Airdrie, Alberta
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
This position is responsible for the efficient and timely movement of lumber and materials throughout the physical plant in accordance with the ZyTech Quality Control (QC) and Health and Safety programs. The position is required to work in fluctuating temperatures inside and outside, do repetitive tasks and to move around all day throughout the yard and shop.
- The position is required to work in fluctuating temperatures inside and outside, do repetitive tasks and to move around all day throughout the yard and shop.
- Upon receiving the 'daily beam cut and pick list’, the floor builder will proceed to pick joists and cut beams in order of required shipping time and priority as dictated by Supervisors.
- Prior to picking and cutting, joists and beams should be inspected for damage, proper type of joist or beam, as well as with markings indicating beam type and length.
- After all joists and beams for an order have been picked and cut to required specifications, beams will be double checked, all floor packages will be spot checked by a supervisor, banded together, and staged for pickup/delivery in the designated area(s).
- Inventory levels of joists and beams, relevant materials and chainsaw supplies are to be tracked and critical/low levels are to be reported to Supervisors regularly.
- Thorough and complete organization of joist and beam materials, the cleaning/disposal of waste and protection of raw joist and beam materials is required on a routine basis.
- Regular inspection and maintenance as required for tools and machinery. Always work safely and with acute awareness.
- Adhere to ZyTech’s safety, quality assurance and standard operating procedures and policies.
- Other tasks as assigned by your manager.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum of three years’ experience with shipping and receiving in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience accurately operating power/air tools, use an imperial tape measure and have basic math skills.
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs throughout the day.
- Experience operating forklifts and a valid operator’s permit is required.
- Able to work in various weather conditions all year round (hot & cold)
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
MORE ABOUT ZYTECH
ZyTech has been an industry innovator since it was founded in 1997. Through product research and development, we are continually striving for the most efficient, effective, and advanced procedures to deliver the best product to our customers in the fastest way possible.
Here at ZyTech, we recognize that our greatest component is our people. With their loyalty and daily commitment to delivering promises to our valued clients, our organization is positioned to continually exceed customer expectations.
People *Better Together*
Creating a positive culture with an engaged workforce working together with our customers, suppliers, and end users
Safety *Make it personal*
Practice safety at work, in public and at home
Continuous Improvement * Make it Better*
Challenge the status quo. Think about how it can be done better for you, and for someone else. Be better every day...
To learn more about ZyTech, visit www.zytechtruss.com
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×