Class 1 Driver (BA)
Location: Balzac, Alberta
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
ZyTech is looking to welcome Class 1 Drivers to join our growing team. Are you in search of a team, that values the skills you bring to work, and refuses to compromise on your safety? Do you have what it takes to work for a leading building materials company, that supplies our Canadian communities? We are looking for driven individuals like you!
What we offer:
- Short-distance deliveries and pickups; this means no overnight trips!
- Day shift with overtime available in peak periods.
- Professional dispatch.
- 2-week onboarding and evaluation program, where you are paired with experienced drivers.
- Work for an established and growing company: we are the one of the largest building materials companies in Western Canada with plenty of opportunity for career advancement.
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment.
- Competitive salary with the potential for bonus.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Group Health and dental benefits, with life insurance
- Our winter gear and safety boot reimbursement programs become available after successful completion of the 3-month probation period.
- Cell phone allowance that is paid monthly.
- Complete pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections.
- Safely Pick up, load, and secure the materials.
- Delivery and offloading of the materials.
- Complete paperwork and coordinate deliveries and pick-ups.
- Basic vehicle preventative maintenance, equipment, and work area inspections.
- Maintain electronic driving logs.
- Adhere to ZyTech’s safety, quality assurance and standard operating procedures and policies.
- Other tasks as assigned by your manager.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Class 1 or AZ/DZ driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract.
- 25 years or older (due to insurance restrictions)
- Ability to meet physical job requirements, must be able to lift 50 lb multiple times a day.
- Able to work in various weather conditions all year round (hot & cold)
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Minimum Two years’ experience:
- In commercial driving.
- In load securement
- Operating a truck mounted articulating crane and trailer mounted forklift.
- Pulling a 48- or 53-foot flat deck trailer.
- Demonstrated skills:
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Problem solving.
- Safety practice and awareness.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- In the building materials industry.
- With over dimensional loads.
- With e-logs such as Geotab, and other GPS software.
More About ZyTech:
ZyTech has been an industry innovator since it was founded in 1997. Through product research and development, we are continually striving for the most efficient, effective, and advanced procedures to deliver the best product to our customers in the fastest way possible.
Here at ZyTech, we recognize that our greatest component is our people. With their loyalty and daily commitment to delivering promises to our valued clients, our organization is positioned to continually exceed customer expectations.
People *Better Together*
Creating a positive culture with an engaged workforce working together with our customers, suppliers, and end users
Safety *Make it personal*
Practice safety at work, in public and at home
Customer Satisfaction *Make Their Day*
Go above and beyond what internal and external customers expect from you.
To learn more about ZyTech, visit www.zytechtruss.com
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position. All candidates who apply will get a response when a decision has been made. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.
**If you need an accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know. **
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×