Professional Engineer (LE)
Location: Leduc, Alberta
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
We have an immediate opening for a highly skilled and experienced Civil Engineer. You will collaborate with our engineering team to oversee the design and construction of various residential and commercial structures. From the planning stages through the construction process, you will supervise and guide staff to ensure the structure is built properly and meets all safety regulations. Our ideal candidate has at least five years of professional engineering experience and a substantial portfolio of successful design projects.
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specification of building codes and other regulations
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs
- Attending site inspections, investigations and monitoring
- Actively participate in project, client and team meetings
- Review, prepare and modify designs
- Lead structural engineering development on residential and commercial projects
- Analyze reports, specifications and studies
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings
- Perform checks on other engineer designers
- Working with designers on the project collaboratively to produce design deliverables with the appropriate level of detail.
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications.
- Work with the other engineers
- Stamp and issue structural engineering deliverables.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered as a P.Eng with Association of Professional Engineers and Geologist of Alberta (APEGA)
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience performing project engineering and design
- Residential and commercial construction industry knowledge including but not limited to wood framing, wood trusses and Engineered Wood Products required
- Experience in soil testing, steel beam and steel design would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of the civil design codes as well as other pertinent codes, standards, guidelines and best practices
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence and technical reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required for this position
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a project team environment that encourages self-initiative
- Demonstrated strong relationships with clients and the ability to develop or foster ongoing relationships and maintain a high level of client service
- Proven project management experience
- A flexible working style that helps project teams meet client deadlines and other needs
- Legal authorization to work in Canada without the need for sponsorship
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×