Forklift Operator Loader/Unloader (SK)
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
The loader/unloader is responsible for the accurate, timely and safe delivery of miscellaneous products, as well as the return of material from jobsite. Participating in routine yard maintenance, Quality Control and Health & Safety programs are also important aspects of this position. The position is required to work in fluctuating temperatures inside and outside, do repetitive tasks and to move around all day throughout the yard and shop.
What you’ll do
- Receive incoming shipments, offloading trucks with the sit down counterbalance forklift or by hand.
- Inspect, verify and restocking of product and material in the proper location.
- Inputting receiving reports into our internal system, printing reports and filing as needed.
- Conduct cycle counts for inventory.
- Conduct quality control checks on shipment prior to loading for delivery.
- Run daily reports on receiving schedule.
- Conduct daily safety and forklift inspections.
- Ensure the receiving area is organized and clean while ensuring the isles and organized for production staff.
- Adhere to all company safe work practices/procedures.
- Other various duties may be required.
Requirements & Qualifications
What you need
- 3-5 or more years’ experience with shipping/receiving in a manufacturing setting.
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs throughout the day.
- Experience operating rough terrain forklifts and a valid operator’s permit is required.
- Valid sit down counter-balance forklift ticket would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment as well as knowledge of lumber products is considered an asset.
- Steel-toed work boots and appropriate clothing to work outside are required. PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided.
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×