Driver Semi/Moffett (LE)
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
The Delivery Driver is responsible for the accurate, timely and safe delivery of miscellaneous products, as well as the return of material from job sites. The driver is also responsible to represent ZyTech on the roads and job sites in a professional manner. Participating in routine yard maintenance, Quality Control and Health & Safety programs are also important aspects of this position.
- Work in conjunction with Shipping department and Production Manager regarding delivery and schedules.
- Coordinate with Production Manager regarding material that is being returned from sites. Ensure proper documentation is completed for inventory.
- Load shipments in accordance with industry standards, operating procedures and ensure documentation is prepared/checked and notify supervisor of any discrepancies. Load securement is a critical aspect to this role.
- Always ensure to adhere to proper procedure regarding material storage. General housekeeping throughout the day.
- Regularly inspect, maintain and service trucks, equipment and tools required.
- Maintain electronic logbooks as per the ministry of transportation standards.
- Other various duties may be required.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum driver age of 25 years.
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs throughout the day.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class 1 driver’s license with a Q endorsement and have a clean driving abstract.
- Minimum two years of commercial driving experience.
- Experience hauling a 53’ flat-deck trailer with wide and long loads required.
- Minimum one year of experience operating a MOFFETT forklift required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment as well as knowledge of lumber product is considered an asset.
- Steel-toed work boots and appropriate clothing to work outside are required. PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided.
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×